Updated: Jun 28, 2019
So you have a family photo shoot coming up and you're a bit nervous and unsure about what to do to prepare for this session. Don't worry - we're here to help! We have put together a short list of some of the most important things to do to help you get ready.
1. Choose outfits to represent you and your personal style. Many use this as an opportunity to dress up. Others opt to be a little more casual. Either way, be sure it represents you. Also, don't be afraid to wear color but also don't go overboard. If children will be a part of the shoot, be sure they are in comfortable clothing.
2. Get kids prepared for the shoot in advanced. Offer an incentive after the shoot (for example ice cream, dinner out, movies etc) so that they can look forward to having fun the entire day.
3. Eat a snack before arriving to the session. Most of us are grumpy when we are hungry. Arriving with a full stomach will go a far way in getting everyone photo-ready.
4. Think of a well lit location - outdoors always works well - that has several scenic spots close together.
5. If possible, plan your shoot to start around 1 to 2 hours before sunset. This time of day is usually not too hot and has beautiful lighting.
6. Have fun! Be yourself! Enjoy being with your family.